This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, skills improvement, and competitive packages. Collaborative environment, learning opportunities, and a chance to get to work in a European financial community are only some of the few things that are waiting for you.
Our client is a UK company founded in 2005 with the goal of bringing efficiency and stability to the burgeoning electronic trading markets. As experts in the online trading processes, the partners and their senior team have a track record of implementing key projects and strategies for existing and new participants to the online trading marketplace.
They are currently expanding their team in Manila and they are looking for a skillful, driven, and motivated Full Stack Java Developer to work on web applications that will be used by the largest financial institutions in the world.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
You will be an independent, fast-learner, and are passionate about Java Development. You should have expert analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of best practices to prevent a wide range of security threats.
Must-have Skills / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Sciences, or in a similar field
- 5 years of Java SE development experience.
- Experience in using JSON and jQuery.
- Knowledge in deploying, running and supporting Java applications on Linux.
- Experience or familiarity with jUnit, Maven or Gradle, and Git OR SVN.
- Knowledge of common open source libraries.
- Good understanding of common design patterns.
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Experience in using continuous integration servers.
- Experience in NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Some exposure in Linux Shell scripting
- Experience in Angular any version between 2 – 7
- Highly experienced in at least one scripting language (Perl, Bash, Python, etc).
- Experience in developing distributed or service-oriented systems
- FIX protocol experience
- Experience in messaging systems such as Kafka.
- Practical experience in developing Java multithreading applications.
- Experience/knowledge of security and encryption.
- Investment banking/trading knowledge
- Working knowledge of infrastructure requirements for distributed Java platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and unit test highly available, resilient and low latency web applications to be used in investment banking.
- Ensure delivery within tight timelines and meeting the functional and non-functional expectations.
- Ensure quality and optimized code with proper documentation; conduct code peer reviews.
- Deploy applications in the cloud (AWS).
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues with the software, and actively assist the support team as required.
- Liaise with third-party vendors/software companies when required, incorporating their software releases into the application.
- Communicate technical specifications and propose solutions relevant or useful to the application.
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Makati City
Industry: Information Technology (Software)
Expertise: Full Stack