This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative development projects in a vibrant, mature, flexible, and highly collaborative, transparent company that celebrates success loudly. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, mentorship with one of the most prolific people on Ruby On Rails community and skills enhancements by being exposed to a highly diversified and collaborative technical team.
Our client is an Australian-headquartered software development company who has been in the business for more than a decade and is known as one of the best custom software development companies in Australia. They solve unique problems with unique solutions for their unique clients with a complete solution from design through development and operations support. They design, build, and host amazing, complex, and highly scalable web and mobile applications.
They have a solid track record in the market and are looking to expand their technology team here in the Philippines. They are currently assembling their pioneering team of developers and they are in search for a passionate, skillful and self-motivated Senior Ruby on Rails Developer who possesses exemplary Ruby on Rails technical background and can work with sometimes incomplete customer requirements and has the ability to create an output out of the requirement as well as a proven track record of delivering Ruby on Rails products.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer, your job function is to work closely with clients and product owners to deliver production-ready software. You will also be working closely with a key contributor with the Ruby on Rails ecosystem. You will be responsible for providing enhancement, support and maintenance to their existing applications as well as be a big part of the delivery of their new SAAS development projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Rails and its basic patterns
- Strong SQL skills and a solid knowledge of RDBMS
- Exemplary experience with ReactJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with basic CSS – adapt and modify
- Familiarity with common Rails modularisation concepts such as presenters, decorators, interactors, services, etc
- Experience working with advanced Rails features like engines, gems, complex routing, benchmarking, etc.
- Ability to identify and avoid common antipatterns in relation to performance and security
- Ability to write capable specs
- Ability to work with sometimes incomplete requirements and be able to get any clarification you need to get the desired results
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Must have a working laptop or desktop and stable internet connection
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Strong sense of design or UX
- Have been the lead developer on a project previously
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, architect, engineer and maintain product features throughout their lifecycle
- Encourage the execution of software design best practices
- Self – manage and confident in working autonomously
- Take pride in eliminating technical debt
- Get involved in the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle
- Create, test and improve the development process
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Work From Home
Industry: Information Technology (Software)
Expertise: IT Back-end Developer