This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who is hungry to prove themselves that they can deliver high quality results. You will be one of the important members of their local company since you will be a part of their pioneering team in Manila.
Our client is a corporate incubator and product development accelerator. They fund and build disruptive start-ups in partnership with the world’s most forward-thinking companies. They start by identifying corporate partners’ core problems. Then, with a focus on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics they fund and develop advanced technologies that deliver impact-driven solutions.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer, your core application experience and capability in electrical-mechanical systems design and controls will allow you to shine. You will work with the talented team to accelerate product development.
- Research and key component selection including sensors, actuators, controllers and any other relevant components
- Implement workable structures and kinematics design architectures
- Prepare weight budgets and margin of safety analysis based on carefully defined use cases
- Mechanical packaging of components with an eye for efficiency and design elegance
- CAD design of mechanical systems guided by load and duty-cycle analysis, kinematics studies and manufacturability
- Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies using GD&T ready for manufacturing
- Compile data, prepare trade studies and present information in written and verbal form
- Develop mechanical system budgets including estimating labor, material, and any other relevant costs
- Lead technical teams in the following: Ideation of electrical-mechanical systems architecture, mechanism and structural mechanical systems, Development of test plans and executing hardware integration, testing, debug and validation and Development of mechanical systems that meet use-case, technical, operational, manufacturing, cost and schedule requirements
- Responsibilities/Outcomes Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other relevant educational background
- In-depth robot/automation hardware design experience with both system-level thinking and component-level development
- 3-5 years of mechanical engineering experience from the following industries: Robotics – Highly desired, Automation, Equipment/tools, Automotive, Agriculture, Consumer products, Aerospace
- Experience using composites, and understanding and application of properties of materials
- Experience (physically) building and maintaining complex mechanical systems
- Keen ability to identify and foresee technical risk, and engineering mindset of addressing risks early
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills to levels above, below and in-line
- Bachelors or Masters (or equivalent)
- 8+ or more years of industrial experience successfully developing real robotic/automation systems
- Experience with FEA, and/or CFD and/or surfacing
- Experience using Simulink and writing high-level controls and state-machine firmware
- Experience developing high-voltage battery systems
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Full-time - Monday to Friday, 7am to 4pm
Location: Makati (Office work)
Industry: Robotics / AI / Big Data
Expertise: Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design