Our client is a Dutch headquartered online mortgage company that provides mortgage advice to customers with a unique combination of an online dashboard and personal device. They help customers to understand what they are signing up for when taking out a mortgage. Their main office is in Amsterdam, Netherlands but they already have developers in the Philippines. Our client is a fast-scaling company that is looking to build and grow their team.
They have a remote team in the Philippines (next to the Amsterdam based development team), and they are currently looking for a passionate, skillful, and self-motivated Mid/Senior Frontend Developer to join their growing team. They are looking for performance driven individuals that’s excited to be a part of a progressive scaling international team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and execute on an execution plan for specific features or internal system maintenance/upgrade.
- Actively participate in Engineering efforts that help streamline the experience of our Product.
- Complete clearly defined tasks and communicates when something is blocking (as part of the team that works according to the SCRUM agile principles).
- Work to learn the relevant technologies and systems in place, actively maintains and extends the system.
- Makes an impact by delivering features, refactoring existing code, or updating systems enable other developers to be successful.
- Helps debug technical problems. Submits issues so that we can document and improve our service.
- Works on engineering initiatives that drive a larger feature set, while being careful to not create technical debt in the process.
- Pre-emptively scans issue backlogs. Actions include but are not limited to familiarising themselves with pain points in the system, applying relevant labels and triaging, closing them via pull request or other means.
- Is considerate of others on the team and tries to support other people in their work.
- Work to become proficient in giving great reviews of their peer’s work. This includes being respectful, thorough, thoughtful, flexible, and not pedantic.
- Listen to the priorities and concerns of others and acknowledges differing perspectives. Anticipates others’ reactions
- Help support the work of their peers by pair programming, reviewing, and providing mentoring.
- Adjust well to shifting priorities when necessary.
- Strive to reduce technical debt, while communicating with teammates about any larger refactor.
- Work to understand the purpose of the features the team is working on and helps communicate that purpose to team members. Asks clarifying questions when expectations are unclear.
- When tasks are large, work on scoping work down into smaller, actionable parts.
- Demonstrate openness to others’ ideas. Adapts their communication style to communicate most effectively. Effectively and accurately shares credit for ideas and collaborative efforts.
- Structure code in a manner that anticipates the type of scale and maintenance required for the scope of the work. Considers legibility both in authoring and reviewing pull requests.
Must-have Skills / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and other related field is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Must be reliable and can work collaboratively in a remote work setting
- Experienced in Agile Scrum Methodology
- Is able to understand and work with complex code base
- Consistently apply front end coding patterns
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, GitLab
- Familiarity with testing tools (JAVA, Playwright)
- Broad understanding on front end domains (SEO, Accessibility, internationalization, caching, performance optimization).
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Experience with Nuxt framework.
- Experience with Vue.js or Openness to use Vue.js
- Knowledge on Storybook, Webpack, K8s, Docker, Ruby and/or GraphQL.
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Work From Home
Industry: Financial Services
Expertise: IT-Front-end Developer