This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, skills improvement and competitive packages. Collaborative environment, learning opportunities and a chance to get to work in a European financial community are only some of the few things that are waiting for you. Be DevOps Engineer and help them with new and existing project by providing and identifying solutions in continuous deployment.
Our client is a UK company founded in 2005 with the goal of bringing efficiency and stability to the burgeoning electronic trading markets. As experts in in the online trading processes, the partners and their senior team have a track record of implementing key projects and strategies for existing and new participants to the online trading marketplace.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, you will be handling multiple projects which combines both software and systems engineering. You will take charge of automation, performance, stability, reliability and scalability of IT infrastructure and services for critical investment banking applications. You should have a strong desire to improve systems that are used at a large-scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build infrastructure that will support an ever-growing set of records to be used by financial institutions worldwide.
- Design and deploy systems to streamline deployment of new software, and ease burden of supporting said new software.
- Automate server provisioning processes to reduce human intervention.
- Maintain system up-time and availability.
- Maintain production systems by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Requisition new infrastructure to anticipate and address growing volumes.
- Test the resiliency of IT operations.
- Communicate with third party vendors to handle infrastructure enquiries, issues or requests.
- Problem and incident management and root-causes analysis on high severity outages.
- Deploy changes and upgrades to the platform on weekends for major releases.
- Availability for on-call support to address production issues or incidents.
Skills / Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience.
- Very strong administration skills (particularly in Linux).
- At least 4-5 years of experience in DevOps with strong networking fundamentals
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS). Experience in setting up and debugging IPSEC VPNs, AWS Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, VPC flow logs
- Working knowledge in Networking (TCP/UDP, bridging, TLS-encrypted communications, etc).
- Experience in debugging of network connectivity issues
- Dependable, proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
Advantageous Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge in tcpdump, netstat, traceroute, packet filtering, port scanning tools
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Makati City
Industry: Information Technology (Software)