Our client is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has an extensive network of life insurance and mutual funds operations around the world covering Europe, the United States (US), Africa, and 14 markets in Asia. They are the pioneer and current market leader of unit-linked or investment-linked life insurance products and is one of the first life insurance companies approved to market US dollar-denominated unit-linked policies in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaises with Regional or Center of Execution (COE) teams from the various local business units (LBUs) in aligning IT strategies. It includes not only technology programs but strategic workforce-related programs as well, which covers capability building to support the IT strategy.
• Provides technical expertise on current and future technology stack and ensures alignment with Regional or Center of Execution (COE) technology roadmaps. Leads the architectural alignment and ensures governance is in place for all initiatives in adhering to established architectural framework.
• Work closely with Digital Solutions, Business Support and IT Operations teams in reviewing, monitoring and managing the IT budget. Develops strategies to minimize financial risks and produces required financial reports and metrics. Provides transparency to IT expenses and realization benefits.
• Liaises and communicates with functional leads, program managers, project managers, both within IT and business units
• Ensures execution of projects align with overall company strategy
• Perform continuous process improvements in the achievement of departmental objectives
• Ensures that all compliance matters are identified and openly and honestly reported to the Line Manager and/or Compliance Officer in accordance with the reporting requirements operated within the work unit and the Company
• Resource management responsibilities include administration of team members, preparation of job descriptions, hiring, setting of performance objectives, conduct of performance appraisals, and administration of salary reviews
• Continuously monitors and improves performance of projects by defining and measuring project KPIs Perform other relevant functions as may be assigned
Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor or master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Management.
• At least 15 years of experience in software development or IT-related project implementations with core years on insurance or financial programme management
• Must have experience liaising or working in a multi-cultural and enterprise or regional teams
• At least 15 years of experience in Senior Management level
• Background in programming languages such as .Net or Java
• Basic understanding of DevOps environment
• Strong understanding on MS Azure
• Ability to introduce new tools and automation strategies
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing at a technical and non – technical level
• Insurance or financial industry experience
• Machine Learning experience
• Legacy systems
• Redux, DevOps and React experience
• AWS experience