Our client is a start-up company in the Philippines established in March 2017. They are part of the Professional Services Sector Industry whose goals are to create and develop solutions to improve the way we interact with the world around us-one product at a time. Our client aims to invest in innovative companies and build portfolio of sustainable investments with a focus on technology, banking, finance, logistics, blockchain, and gaming.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop focused test plans
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Participate in agile estimation taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle
- Assist in the process with development in order to provide timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues
- Reverse engineer the most difficult defects, UX issues, source of dirty data and configuration errors and to reconstruct these complex issues into a clear proof for development to fix.
- Understand the quality portion of building, packaging and deploying code. Identify patterns that need to be addressed from a quality perspective prior to hitting QA environments.
- Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and meet project goals
- Able to design test plan for future requirements
- Set up and maintain testing environments
- Utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Follow defined engineering process during the development lifecycle
- Perform peer test reviews to identify improvements to test plans
- Provide technical leadership and influence to other team members
- Coordinate work as well as the work required from others
- Foster teamwork within the group, proactively mentor, and develop team members
- Demonstrate mastery of problem solving skills-test plans seldom require re-work
- Use customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to measure the quality of a better product/service
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and other related field
- At least 6 years of experience as a test engineer
- At least 6 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- At least 6 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- At least 6 years of experience with web security technology
- Proven experience in test plan design
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the deliverable created during the development lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking ability and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with relevant quality assurance industry standard best practices and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-starter, driven, independent and can work effectively within minimum supervision.