This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on an exciting and innovative platform in a vibrant and highly collaborative working environment. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth and skills enhancements by being exposed to a highly diversified and collaborative technical team.
Founded in 2000, our client is an Australian leading mobile messaging solution that helps businesses of all sizes – from SMBs to enterprise-level – better connect with customers. With 90 percent of messages read within 90 seconds and more than 50,000 customers worldwide, the client drives business success by creating engaging mobile experiences that customers love. Messaging solutions such as alerts and notifications, billing and payment, appointment reminders, marketing, and staff schedules are used by leading brands in healthcare, education, retail, utilities, and other industries. They have offices across Australia, United States, United Kingdom, and New Zealand with a total of 250 employees.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As the Full Stack Developer your job function is to work closely with the Australian based product team as well as other developers in the Philippines. You will be responsible for providing enhancement, support and maintenance to their existing applications and platform.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, and other related field is preferred but not required
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Node.js
- At least 1 year of experience with serverless cloud computing technologies, such as AWS Lambdas or GCP Cloud Functions.
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud providers, in particular AWS.
- Strong SQL skills and a solid knowledge of RDBMS particularly with MySQL
- At least 1 year of experience with NoSQL database systems particularly with DynamoDB
- Passion for a clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Working laptop or desktop and stable internet connection
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- React knowledge
- Experience with the Serverless framework on AWS
- Experience with AWS SNS or SQS
- Experience with Express or Next JS frameworks.
- Knowledge of HubSpot and their APIs
- Knowledge of Shopify and their REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Python
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your team and participate in stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, and repos.
- Maintain and enhance applications on HubSpot & Shopify, plus more to come.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems with the application/platform.
- Manage the production environments of the application/platform.
- End to end delivery of items from creation to deployments.
- Stay ahead of any new features and functionality as well as provide recommendations for improvements.