Our client is a UK-headquartered company. They are a fast growing B2B data company taking on the biggest players in the industry. They have a team of successful entrepreneurs, data scientist and software developers who uniquely positioned to provide insightful and usable sales intelligence. They also provide business-to-business lead generation services.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, as a Senior Java Developer you will focus on writing robust, high quality code to enhance and improve the client custom Core Java-based platform, its capabilities and quality.
You will work in an Agile way, striving to be flexible and deliver on time and solving real business problems.For you to be successful you must be highly adaptable and able to learn new technology and developing your skillset, comfortable collaborating with different functions in the team and have effective communication skills.
Skills / Qualifications:
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- At least 5+ years’ experience in development, primarily using Core Java
- Profound knowledge of Java and its ecosystem (Spring, Maven).
- A DevOps mindset and good working experience with AWS for at least a year.
- Strong SQL skills and a solid knowledge of RDBMS.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a familiarity with management reporting.
- Experience in using testing tools (e.g. jUnit) and associated technologies to ensure that developments are reliable and don’t have to be revisited later on.
- Uses Agile methodologies (sprints, stories, tasks – typically in JIRA).
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Focus on results
- Attention to detail
- Passionate in learning more about the latest trends in software development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement cutting-edge SaaS and data pipelines which will transform the B2B data industry.
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Agile.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
- Be the conduit between the London and Manila tech teams.