Join the biggest seafood companies in the US as Supply Chain Associate Manager
The client is currently one of the most successful seafood companies in southern California providing over 5,000 fresh and frozen seafood products.
They manage fishing vessels,harvest sites and processing plants throughout the world with the subsidiaries in North America,Latin America and Asia.
They comply with all government food safety requirements and employ state-of-the-art technology throughout the business to ensure that the brands are at the cutting edge of today’s lifestyle.
They put great emphasis on customer service with specially trained associates.
As a strong advocate of sustaining the world’s seafood resources, they recognize that employing good environmental practices benefit everyone that is involved in the supply chain from the supplier to the end user.
Your role is to improve productivity and efficiency and reduce costs while securing high quality material for the company.
Ensuring the highest moral standards, experience in handling highly confidential information and ensure first-class service to the internal and external partners. You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and participate in all day-to-day supply chain activities.
- Plan, direct implementation, program activities, and budget to execute tasks assigned and business development objectives of the Supply Chain segment in accordance with the overall business plan of the company.
- Guide and train people to build a capable, functioning team by ensuring a cross-trained and multi-skilled, proactive team.
- Drives specific measures to deliver functional process operations and objectives on SSO level.
- Drive and lead the team to conduct sessions to Identify innovation and continuous improvement and come up with tangible business results through individual performance, sharing best practices across teams.
- Actively seek feedback or input from the team to come up with suggestions about the global functional process operations policies, procedures, and organizational setup in line with functional leadership and Supply Chain Management guidelines. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Command ownership and be finally accountable over Supply Chain operations to achieve maximum productivity among other results required under segment plan and the overall business plan.
- Analysis of Supply Chain operations and Reporting to Management.
- Coordinate with Other Segments and Other Company Divisions /Departments to carry out the overall targeted business and organizational results for the company.
- Uphold the approach of the company towards Product Knowledge, Representation and Customer Service in all warehouse & distribution processes and activities.
- Receive purchase requests at any given point in time, track, and record, analyse and check, and feedback on possible shipping dates.
- Set Periodic Final Call for Purchase Requests and Ensure All Sales are Notified of Purchase Request Closing Time.
- Review and recommend subject for approval of management the level of purchases requisitioned and ordered.
- Monitor / forecast as much as possible issues such as seasonality, possible lack of stocks, schedule challenges like holidays, or other incidents that may cause unavailability or irregularity of supply.
- Compute shipment costs.
- Issue shipment orders and instructions within the approved shipment mode by management.
- Plan upcoming shipments through consolidating inputs from purchase orders, inventory information and stock movement trends, among others.
- Monitor shipment in-transit and ensure objectives in terms of safety and quality of goods, time and purchase order specifications are met.
- Consolidate any update on details and contract terms such as price lists and endorse to management and Marketing and Finance.
- Coordinate Issues such as Quality issues, Quantity variance, etc. and seek resolution.
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Logical & critical thinking
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience in Project Management and leading cross functional teams.
- Can work in high pressure environment with high sense of responsibility.
Job title: Accounts Receivable Assistant Manager