This is an awesome role for someone who is looking for endless learning opportunities and someone who wants to become up to date with the most cutting-edge technologies of Data Analysis. Career growth, a collaborative working environment, and dynamic roles are only some of the few things that are waiting for you.
Our client is the Largest Australian non-bank lender company that’s headquartered in Brisbane. They have a multiple loan service such as Home loans, Car loans, Equipment Finance, Investment Fund High Livez, and Term deposits. For the last 39 years, our client has provided over 100,000 home loans. They are currently managing $10 billion in mortgages and $250 million in cash investments with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Singapore.
They have a team in Ortigas that’s comprised of 160 - 170 back-end support office and less than 10 IT Developers FTE’s. They are currently ramping up their IT team and they are looking for a proactive and energetic Database Developer to work on cool and exciting current and future applications.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for working with the Senior Data Scientist within the Big Data Team. This role will work with all the concerned stakeholders to plan and implement data analysis.
They have a fast-paced environment which they are implementing Agile. For you to be successful, you must be highly adaptable to any such environment, comfortable working with an offshore team, can be an individual contributor, and must have excellent English communication skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics or related fields
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Data Analyst using Python (Pandas or Numpy) and databases such as SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL or any other related RDBMS
- Algorithms and Models: Regression models, Hidden Markov models, Support Vector Machines, Dimensionality Reduction algorithms, Ensemble algorithms, Decision Trees, Clustering
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements of the business
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience in AWS ecosystem
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Combine software engineering and modeling skills by determining which model to use and what data should be used for each model.
- Should be able to work with large amounts of data, warehouse the data, define database architecture, centralize data, and ensure integrity across different sources.
- Should also be able to implement, test, and maintain infrastructural components.
- Manage the day to day production and projects of the team—from new dashboard requests to enhancement requests and daily refresh and maintenance of dashboards.
- Ensure the daily accuracy of data shown in the dashboards.
- Work with stakeholders in creating architecture vision for Data Warehouse to meet needs of analytics strategy
- Acquire knowledge of all foundational data and databases to determine capabilities to support data science initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders in prioritizing Data Warehouse tickets on a weekly basis
- Isolate and troubleshoot Data Warehouse data integrity problems and ETL issues
- Work closely with stakeholders as well as the development team to discuss necessary codes and Data Warehouse tables to meet sprint ticket requirements