This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative development projects in a vibrant, generous, friendly, highly collaborative, and philanthropic company. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, and skills enhancement in Software Engineering.
Our client is a US-headquartered, multinational billion-dollar beauty and personal care company founded in 1984. The company has a commitment to provide quality and innovative products that feature only premium, wholesome ingredients. Their scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established the company as a premier anti-aging company.
They are one of the leaders in the market and they are looking to expand their international technology team here in the Philippines. They are currently assembling their pioneering team of IT Professionals and they are in search of an innate problem solver, skillful and self-motivated Software Engineers who are competent in developing existing and ground-up applications in a timely fashion.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, you will specialize in managing the interchange of data between the servers and the users. You will collaborate with team members in creating performant and bug-free code through code reviews and continuous integration processes. Your primary focus will be the development of client-side and server-side logic to build high-quality user interfaces and micro-services that support the needs of our customers.
SEs drive software excellence across Nu Skin by ensuring high quality and performant code is delivered to our distributors, customers, and partners. This is achieved through strong, continuous collaboration, innovative ideas, and decisive action with partner engineering teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and other related fields
- Knowledgeable/ understanding of Java development
- Knowledgeable in AWS serverless
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall methodologies and processes
- Experience performing code reviews
- A keen eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
- Understanding of systems architecture and development theory.
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing systems such as SASS and LESS.
- Basic understanding with development tools such as Webpack, Gulp, and Babel.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Node.js and NPM.
- Experience creating unit tests and using unit testing tools such as ESLint, Karma, and Jasmine.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web services.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and patterns.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relational database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, and schema design.
- Experience with tools such as Git, New Relic, Maven, Jenkins, Postman, ELK, and Splunk.
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through a well-reasoned explanation.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an obsession in delivering value to our distributors.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and similar container tools.
- Advanced understanding of software design patterns and best practices.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for complex issues.
- Very proficient with SOLID object-oriented and/or Functional design principles.
- Strong understanding of Inversion of Control and the Spring Framework.
- Advanced knowledge of database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, and schema design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform system analysis, design, development, and implementation of scalable enterprise solutions in a high transaction environment using client/server and web technologies and SOLID object-oriented and/or Functional design principles.
- Actively participate in meetings to review product requirements in order to clarify expected outcomes and acceptance criteria as you break down the work and provide estimates as to its completion Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Create web user interfaces and supporting micro-services.
- Design and develop database schemas, stored procedures, and other data access methods.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and estimation activities.
- Identify and implement ideas to improve system performance and availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Perform code reviews to validate the design and implementation of features in addition to finding bugs and estimating the code quality.
- Facilitate or work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of system issues and implement corrective solutions.
- Create and perform unit testing code using Test Driven Design (TDD) for code quality and coverage.
- Mentor other software engineering team members.
- Collaborate with quality assurance efforts to develop software test plans.
- Adhere to company software engineering standards (coding, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, best practices, etc).