If you are looking for a career that will enrich your technical skills and broaden your knowledge in cutting-edge technologies, this role is for you. They pride themselves in providing their employees with the best-industry training in and out of the country. There is an opportunity for you to be groomed as a Senior Solutions Architect as the business grows. A family-oriented company culture and fair and accommodating management team are only some of the things that you can look forward to in this career opportunity.
Our client is an IT business solutions company that provides end-to-end managed IT and voice solutions. They offer number of services that will help their clients streamline and consolidate their business IT environment. They originally started in Australia in 2005 and has expanded their business globally. They have offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, USA and UK just to name a few.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Senior L3 Network Engineer, you will be responsible in providing level 2-3 support for the Service Delivery department. You will also be expected to provide support to the end-users from all geographic regions namely Singapore and Australia. You are expected to bring strong L3 level senior networking skills into the Manila team. You will help train up more junior engineers as part of a mentoring role and may also be from time to time called upon to assist in technical pre-sales activities and project support and implementation. You will be required to work independently where you’ll be entrusted to track your productivity daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide L2-3 escalation for Manila Service Desk Team
- Assist Project Service teams perform user acceptance testing and go live support for Networking installations to ensure quality and compliance to build standards
- Escalation for networking build, migration and support issues,
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot various enterprise networking suite of solutions with tier 1 vendors (Such as Cisco, HP, Dell, Juniper) as well as Tier 2/3 vendors (Microtik, Watchguard) depending on market segmentation.
- Support end-users meet their IT requirements / objectives.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed through our network management platforms
- Perform implementation and maintenance to network systems and switch platforms.
- Monitor network connections and specified hardware for capacity, utilization and performance; troubleshoot as required.
- Be willing to be on-call support when required / Take escalated calls from the service desk outside of working hours in emergencies (Managed Services operates under a 24/7 Support arrangement for a select amount of clients, low expected volume but a mandatory requirement).
- Crosspolinate with other areas of the business to add value to the business and grow skills.
- By exception there may be a need to assist with L1 support and or weekend roster coverage but not expected usually
- Project and Managed Services support will sometimes entail outside of business hours work to meet the needs of the client
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior Level 3 support position
- Experience in enterprise network design, support and maintenance experience
- Strong experience in Tier 1 Vendor networking products and solutions (Such as Cisco, HP, Dell, Juniper)
- CCNP/CCIE Routing and Switching certification is strongly preferred but will consider someone who has CCNA certification if the candidate has had a solid career in networking and had extensive experience in an enterprise environment.
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Experience (Cisco or VMWare/VeloCloud)
- Skills with advanced Layer 3 protocols such as BGP
- Network Management Platforms (PRTG, Solarwinds etc.)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Enterprise Voice Skills (SIP/SBC/IP PBX with Microsoft or Cisco)
- Perimeter Security and Wireless Networking skills
- Experience working for a managed services provider or large contact centre environment
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Location: Work from Home
Expertise: Network Engineering