This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth and further exposure to international businesses.
Our client is a Singapore-headquartered company operating a global ecommerce marketplace that allows sellers and buyers within the Ship Supply sector to trade in a truly digital way. The ambition is to become ‘the maritime Amazon’ and disrupt an entire industry by optimizing trade processes with software and providing a level of quality data not seen before in the industry.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, the Senior Backend Engineer will help create the world’s most successful maritime marketplace with revenue for $1B+ and transform ship supply within the next 5 years via value chain disruption enabled by data mastery, process automation, and better buyer experience and intelligence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and improve on Company’s products including master data management and order management platform.
• Ensure high availability and reliability of existing platforms.
• Contribute and build a high performing and world class software engineering team.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s policies.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the Software Engineering Lead
Must-have Skills / Qualifications:
● At least 5 years of experience developing and deploying backend web applications
● At least 5 years of experience with software development of eCommerce, CPQ’s, and/or order management platforms
● Expertise with Node.js including related frameworks (Serverless/Express)
● Expertise in Code Versioning using GIT
● Experienced with writing unit tests including usage of mocks/stubs/spies
● Experienced with different architecture paradigm (Microservices, Event-driven, etc.)
● Experienced with cloud platforms (AWS preferably, GCP/Azure is fine)
● Experienced with SQL and/or NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL/MySQL/MongoDB/ DynamoDB)
● Emphasis on clean code practices and easy code maintainability and reusability
● Excellent English communication skills
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
● Bachelor’s Degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field
● Experience with Elasticsearch
● Experience with data mapping, ETL integration, and data migration
● Experience with caching technologies (i.e., Redis)
● Experience with Messaging Queues and different protocols (RabbitMQ/MQTT/AWS SQS)
● Experience with BPM/Workflow management technologies (Apache Airflow/AWS Step Functions)
● Experience with CI/CD setup from development to production
● Experience with Authentication and Authorization Management with multi-tenant support (API Gateway/Cognito)
● Familiarity with frontend frameworks such as (React/Angular/Vue)