This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who is hungry to prove to themselves that they can deliver high-quality results.
Our client is a corporate incubator and product development accelerator. They fund and build disruptive start-ups in partnership with the world’s most forward-thinking companies. They start by identifying corporate partners’ core problems. Then, with a focus on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics they fund and develop advanced technologies that deliver impact-driven solutions.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, your core application experience and capability in electrical-mechanical systems design and controls will allow you to shine. You will work with a talented team to accelerate product development.
- Research and key component selection including sensors, actuators, controllers and any other relevant components
- Implement workable communication and power distribution architectures
- Prepare peak and average power budgets based on carefully defined use cases
- Specify IO and prepare wire harness drawings ready for manufacturing
- Compile data, prepare trade studies and present information in written and verbal form
- Design and prepare electrical schematics and block diagrams with supporting best practice calculations
- Develop electrical system budgets including estimating labor, material and any other relevant costs
Lead technical teams in the following:
- Ideation of electrical-mechanical systems architecture, data and power electrical systems
- Development of test plans and executing hardware integration, testing, debug and validation
- Development of electrical systems that meet use-case, technical, operational, manufacturing, cost and schedule requirements
- Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or other relevant educational background
- 3-5 years of electrical engineering experience both system-level thinking and component-level development from the following industries: Robotics – Highly desired, Industrial Automation, Automotive, Aerospace
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Experience with implementing embedded software on microcontrollers
- Experience designing custom PCB’s (in Altium or equivalent) and preparing schematics for manufacturing
- Experience (physically) building electrical harnesses and/or populating custom PCBs
- Keen ability to identify and foresee technical risk, and engineering mindset of addressing risks early
Highly advantageous but not required:
- Bachelors or Masters (or equivalent)
- 8+ or more years of industrial experience successfully developing real robotic/automation systems
- In-depth robot/automation hardware design experience
- Experience using Simulink and writing high-level controls and state-machine firmware
- Experience developing high-voltage battery systems
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Monday to Friday - 6am to 3pm
Location: Work from home temporary - Office is in Makati
Expertise: Electrical Design