This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative e-commerce and web development projects in a vibrant, generous, friendly, highly collaborative and philanthropic company. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, and skills enhancement in Quality Engineering.
Our client is a United States headquartered managed services provider. They provide outsourced helpdesk, IT systems management, data protection, Office 365 administration, cloud services, and more in order to help their client’s businesses leverage cloud technology to run smoothly, efficiently as well as help them work without geographic restrictions.
They have a solid track record in the market and are looking to establish their pioneer Senior Systems Administrator here in the Philippines. They are in search for a passionate, skillful, analytical, and self-motivated Senior Systems Administrator who possesses exemplary Azure, Windows Server, Office 365, and Networking background.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
In a nutshell, as a Senior Quality Engineer, you specialize in assessing software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests. You will focus on processes to assure that quality is built-in. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and see that they’re dealt with. You will be directly involved with all changes to ensure they meet the requirements of the change management process before the change is deployed into a production environment.
SETs drive software excellence across the company by ensuring high quality and performant code is delivered to our distributors, customers, and partners. This is achieved through strong, continuous collaboration, innovative ideas, and decisive action with partner engineering teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field
- 8-10 years of experience in Software QA Engineering
- Experienced in both manual and automated testing
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Automation Testing using Selenium or any other Automation tools
- Experience in using JIRA or Confluence or Zephyr
- Familiar with the Agile process
- Hands-on experience setting up and running test automation frameworks, such as Selenium, Webdriver, Appium, TestNG, LoadImpact, TestComplete, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through a well-reasoned explanation.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an obsession in delivering value to our distributors.
- Test automation experience including RESTful APIs/Services, Functional Testing
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred.
- Experience in the collection of test requirements, creation of test systems, integration test cases, and documentation of test results.
- Advanced knowledge of software testing tools (e.g. Selenium, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, EndTest) and test case management tools (e.g. TestRail)
- Led or mentored a team of quality assurance engineers for at least 3 years
- Strong understanding of system architecture.
- Exceptionally deep understanding of quality assurance processes, methodologies, and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and build tooling, scalable and maintainable test infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Work directly with your cross-functional team to understand product requirements and use cases to arrive at End to End test scenarios and execute them to ensure product release readiness.
- Performing white-box testing to increase testing effectiveness.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Contribute to the effort to evaluate and select the best toolset(s) to use for test automation and ensure that they are interoperable with our continuous integration pipeline.
- Develop and maintain automation test framework, test tools, take care of software quality while developing features.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and develop regression tests to discover re-occurrences.
- Drive metrics with engineering peers to monitor code coverage; recommend bug prevention strategies and implement other quality measures.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and estimation activities.
- Stay current with the latest test automation best practices and share your findings with your team and larger Quality Assurance practice.
- Perform/coordinate performance (load and stress) testing of systems and code in order to identify capabilities, bottlenecks and points of failure.
- Review all changes to ensure the change management process is adhered to prior to deployment to a production environment.
- Represent and seek approval for changes identified by the change management process as needing additional oversight by the Global Change Advisory Board.