This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative development projects in a vibrant, mature, flexible and highly collaborative, transparent company that celebrates success loudly. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, mentorship, community, and skills enhancements by being exposed to a highly diversified and collaborative technical team.
Our client is a New Zealand-headquartered company who has been passionate about leveraging the power of social media marketing to reach as many buyers and sellers as possible.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you should have the ability to dive into the code and make progress without being new to things like icon fonts, semantic html, MV*, Front End templating, RESTful API design, JSON serialization/deserialization, asynchronous programming, document databases, etc. However, if you are new to some of those things your ability and ego to learn must excel. You must be a self-motivated developer who is familiar working on a development team, within an agile development environment. You should be able to assist junior members and spread your knowledge.
Skills & Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of Information Technology experience
• At least 3+ years of coding experience in MEAN Stack development (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, NodeJS)
• Must be heavy in backend development
• Attention to details
• Ability to learn, share and encourage others to follow best practices
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
• DevOps experience (Jenkins, TeamCity, Go, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
• Testing: mocha, karma, mockery, node qunit, httpMock, or similar
• Client side frameworks: React, Backbone, Ember, or similar
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, engineer and maintain product features throughout their lifecycle
• Encourage the execution of software design best practices
• Self – manage and confident in working autonomously
• Take pride in eliminating technical debt
• Get involved in the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle
• Create, test and improve the development process