This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who would want to join an organization that is dynamic, fun to work in, and results oriented. The successful candidate will also be guided by visionary top management and ensure they work together towards the common goal of becoming bigger and profitable in the future.
Our client is the global leader in increasing engagement for publishers through interactive content and community-building. Their suite of engagement products empowers publishers and consumers alike to amplify their voices and express their opinions in safe, interactive environments. From their human-moderated Commenting Unit that facilitates healthy, respectful discourse to their Content Engagement Unit that enables audiences to share their opinions and interact with content that speaks directly to them, our client reaches over 350 million consumers monthly across their vast network of premium publishing partners.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
Insticator is continuing to grow, and we are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic person ﬂuent in English and familiar with the world of user-generated content to join our moderation team.
This role requires quick thinking, empathy, and sound judgement, along with common-sense sensibilities and a high degree of sensitivity to context and nuance - you should have a strong sense of integrity and a willingness to act on the behalf of publishers and in their best interest in order to create and maintain a positive, toxicity-free and 100% brand-safe community experience.
As a Moderator you will be responsible for reviewing user-generated content (including but not limited to comments, links, images, videos and GIFs) posted on the platform to ensure it adheres to established publisher and community guidelines and preventing comments of a violent, harassing or toxic from appearing on the site.
You will work closely with members of our Account Management, Product and Engineering teams to help improve our commenting product and establish a safe and engaging commenting environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Pre- and post-moderate incoming content shared by commenters: text posts, images, videos, etc.
● Prevent the posting of inappropriate content by flagging and removing it.
● Communicate with our QA and Engineering teams and raise awareness for bugs or technical issues when these come up.
● Report and track ongoing moderation issues and share any concerns with other members of the team.
● Monitor and report on user feedback.
● Post sample comments for mock-ups.
● Stay up to date with current events and news.
● Work on a rotating schedule in line with U.S. East Coast and/or peak hours
● Upper-intermediate/Advanced English - bonus points for having worked in native-level English-speaking environments.
● At least 1 year of experience directly dealing with user-generated content and/or content moderation.
● Experience with researching and reviewing digital content.
● Strong interest and knowledge regarding current events, entertainment, sports, and news.
● Must be comfortable reviewing sensitive and potentially toxic content
● Ability to work differing work rotations/shifts and non-standard work hours (including weekends).
● Basic understanding of tech and online terminology.
● High attention to detail, outstanding time management and organization skills.
● Ability to thrive while performing repetitive, detail-oriented tasks.
● Ability to work with large volumes of data and information.
● Proficiency in using Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and collaborative tools such as Zoom, Slack, etc.
● Ability to work remotely - access to high-speed internet a must.
● Familiarity with platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit - a strong advantage.
● Creative confidence
● Collaborative mindset and great teamwork skills
● Skilled at receiving feedback, as well as providing it
● Entrepreneurial & adaptable; great learning skills
● Transparent & communicative, patient
● Curious, research-minded, data-informed
● A positive attitude and healthy sense of humor
Job Type: Permanent
Emp Type: Full-time
Working Hours: Monday to Friday: 40 hours per week
Location: Work from Home
Industry: Marketing and Advertising