This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative development projects in a vibrant, generous, friendly, highly collaborative and philanthropic company. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, and skills enhancement in Software Engineering.
Our client is a US-headquartered, multinational billion-dollar beauty and personal care company founded in 1984.The company has a commitment to provide quality and innovative products that feature only premium, wholesome ingredients. Their scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established the company as a premier anti – aging company.
They are one of the leaders in the market and they are looking to expand their international technology team here in the Philippines. They are currently assembling their pioneering team of IT Professionals and they are in search for an innate problem solver, skillful and self-motivated Software Engineers who is competent in developing existing and ground up applications in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform system analysis, design, development and implementation of scalable enterprise solutions in a high transaction environment using client/server and web technologies and SOLID object-oriented and/or Functional design principles.
- Actively participate in meetings to review product requirements in order to clarify expected outcomes and acceptance criteria as you break down the work and provide estimates as to its completion.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Create web user interfaces and supporting micro-services.
- Design and develop database schemas, stored procedures and other data access methods.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and estimation activities.
- Identify and implement ideas to improve system performance and availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Perform code reviews to validate the design and implementation of features in addition to finding bugs and estimating the code quality.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of system issues and implement corrective solutions.
- Create and perform unit testing code using Test Driven Design (TDD) for code quality and coverage.
- Collaborate with quality assurance efforts to develop software test plans.
- Adhere to company software engineering standards (coding, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, best practices, etc).
Must-have Skills / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and other related field
- Keen eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
- Understanding of systems architecture and development theory.
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing systems such as SASS and LESS.
- Basic understanding with development tools such as Webpack, Gulp and Babel.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Node.js and NPM.
- Experience creating unit tests and using unit testing tools such as ESLint, Karma and Jasmine.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web services.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and patterns.
- Demonstratable knowledge of relational database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures and schema design.
- Experience with tools such as Git, New Relic, Maven, Jenkins, Postman, ELK and Splunk.
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanation.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an obsession in delivering value to our distributors.
- Basic understanding of Agile or Waterfall Methodologies concepts.
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Experience with Java