This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a company that have seen all sorts of economic issues but have surpassed and weathered through and is continuously growing year on year.
Our client has been in the real estate industry for 30 years. It continues to offer diversified and superior property ventures with a portfolio of residential projects from housing to condominiums and even townships containing both residential and commercial developments.
Solidifying its presence across key cities in the Visayas and Mindanao, our client has become one of the key players in the industry with a dream to expand its reach across the country and to discover innovations in the years to come.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
The Controller is responsible for the over-all operation of the accounting department, ensuring efficient operations, cost, and budgeting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Managing the budget process
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Hiring, training, and retaining
Skills & Qualifications:
• 10 years financial experience
• At least 2-3 years’ experience working from either Real Estate (highly preferred), construction or leasing
• Certified Public Accountant
• Change Management experience
• Familiarity with SAP is highly preferrable
• Familiarity with Real Estate, Construction or Leasing accounting
• Advantageous: Preferably with audit experience