In a nutshell, you will be working within a small local team and interacting with a global Cloud team, providing Private and Public cloud-based applications and services for our customers. With applications and Networking running on virtualized platforms, the primary focus is on deploying and providing ongoing managed services of our cloud platform. The role also involves complex problem solving and creating and improving procedures and processes to ensure we maintain a secure and reliable service.
Our client is an Australian-headquartered change-ready technology service company dedicated to delivering high quality ERP implementations and services to people-focused organizations in the Commercial, Government, Education, and Not-for-profit sectors.
Our client has a growing best-of-breed solution stack that includes Flagship ERP Partner Unit4, along with Financial Force PSA, Talent Management, and Workforce Management. Our client is currently growing their local presence in the Philippines and seeking for a talented and self-sufficient Cloud Systems Engineer to add value and be an important part of their team.
This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth and skills enhancement by being exposed to a highly diversified and collaborative technical team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- System Administration and platform engineering
- Build and support multiple customer environments
- Assist with designing Cloud solutions
- Assist with maintaining system architecture
- Assist with researching, developing, and maintaining network security procedures and policies, ensuring adherence to local and international standards and governance requirements.
- Monitor and measure the performance of the environments; resolving and reporting problems to the appropriate individuals
- Maintain documentation of the network, processes, policies and procedures
- Knowledge transfer, training and mentoring of junior staff
- Provide rotational on call support for our 24x7 P1 service
- Perform unit testing of all work and document code as per guidelines.
- Triage reported software defects, debug issues, isolate issues and fix or identify appropriate workarounds or necessary design changes.
- Ensure that implementation projects / programs are completed in accordance with established timeframes and budgets.
- Ensure that work allocated is completed or issues escalated in a timely fashion to ensure budget imperatives can be satisfied.
- Abide by SLA targets
- Uphold ISO 27001 requirements
- Uphold privacy and data protection requirements as per applicable legislation.
- Complies with Health and Safety policies and procedures on and off site.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and all other people.
- Provide feedback to the Health and Safety System
Skills / Qualifications:
- College Degree in Computer Science or anything similar is a nice-to-have but not required
- 3+ years of working experience in a 24x7 High availability environment
- 5+ years of working experience in Windows System Administration, specifically Windows 2008 and 2012
- Well-versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components, in particular SQL Server 2012/2014
- Virtualization and cloud platforms, Hyper-V, VMware
- Experience in Public Cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
- Intrusion detection systems and network server security hardening
- Application load balancing solutions for scaling and High Availability
- Networking technologies (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, Distributed networking, etc.)
- RMM systems
- Azure certifications