Take this amazing career opportunity to do challenging work that will make a big impact and where your contribution is highly visible. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, skills improvement, home-based work set up to attain work-lifebalance and a chance to work with a project that is unique and first in the market.
Our client is a UK-headquartered company that was founded in 1962 by five English Farmers in Oxfordshire, England. They strive to make their customers the most successful pig producers in the world.
They are currently growing their remote team in Manila and they are looking for a skillful, driven, and motivated BI Developer to play a key role in their team and be an integral part of their growth.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
This role is a precursor opportunity to becoming a BI Developer and is ideal for people with an understanding and small amount of experience in data architecture and solution support. You will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to meet established deadlines with proven business and data analytical skills, along with an excellent oral and writing skills with ability to communicate in an organized and concise manner. A willingness to learn is essential and many opportunities will be provided to work with new technologies and complex solutions alongside a welcoming and motivated team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience using MS SQL to access, query, and manipulate data
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- High Customer Focus
- A highly organized, self-motivated team player
- Knowledge of using SSIS, Azure Analysis services
- Ticketing and triage experience
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written) to effectively collaborate with foreign counterparts and clients
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field
- Experience with Power BI
- Knowledge of IT Service Management (ticketing) tools and VSTS / Azure DevOps
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful execution and delivery of Business intelligence (BI) processes and outputs within various systems to agreed SLA.
- Identify and deliver high quality improvements to enable proactive and/or automated monitoring, alerting and initial triage of issues which occur in the delivery and execution of BI processes.
- Where required, take ownership for ensuring manually run BI processes are completed to SLA, ensuring appropriate checks are undertaken to ensure ‘fit for purpose’ outputs, ensuring that quality gates throughout the process are rigorously observed.
- Monitor the BI support queue and undertake prompt initial triage of support tickets, then either owning through to resolution or allocate to other areas of the team for further action.
- Maintain documentation relating to production BI processes, ensuring core documentation is relevant for current processes and collateral regarding identification and resolution of frequent issues is matured
- Undertake admin and support the daily tasks required on BI applications, such as Cognos Controller, IBM Planning Analytics and Power BI, as directed by system owners.
- Undertake/support the monitoring of BAU processes across required systems, including observing strict quality gates, undertaking root cause analysis, advising remediation options and if required delivering or facilitating the delivery of a solution.
- Run manual processes as required to specified instructions, at a time designated to hit agreed SLAs for outputs. Ensuring issues are escalated as appropriate, communication plans are followed so stakeholders are kept informed regarding delays to delivery and status of resolution.
- Own workflow and support ticket as allocated through to successful resolution within SLA, ensuring appropriate triage is completed and communications are provided regarding its progress.
- Working closely with the different BI system owners support the planning and implement of upgrades to various systems, ensuring the development is in line with business objectives and standards.
- Support the maintenance of a central list of all BI processes, including key metadata, and ensure it remains representative of current state.