This is an amazing career opportunity to lead and manage the business process outsourcing operations in the Philippines, including information technology, facilities, quality, and training functions.
Our client was founded in 2011 as an Outsourcing Solution that redefines offshore outsourcing to be a win-win for their clients and employees. Their mission is to create a company people want to work for want their people to enjoy coming to work. The company aims to redefine the reality of work from being a place where they can show “professional persona,” and energy depleted to a place where they can be independent and leave energized because the days are filled with passion and creativity.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
The Vice President for Operations provides strategic and tactical directions to achieve short- and medium-term business goals, including growth, employee engagement and retention, customer satisfaction and retention, operational efficiency, revenue, and margin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Works with ExeCom in formulating corporate strategic business plans, policies, programs, and initiatives to achieve the Company's business goals.
- Translates corporate strategic plans into Operations strategies and operating procedures to ensure financial health and sustainable operations of the Company
- Puts in place operational systems, processes, and performance reviews of the different departments to ensure seamless operations, governance, and integrity of the system and results
- Monitors the implementation and attainment of corporate and functional goals and objectives
- Leads the Operations function or team in all sites in delivering the services promised to the Client
- Manages operational KPIs, revenue opportunities, and leakages to ensure compliance with FGC standards and processes
- Leads the development of Operations-related policies and programs in coordination with other functions to improve work efficiency and services provided to the Client continuously.
- Workforce Management. Ensures efficient scheduling, staffing, and real-time staff monitoring
Client Retention and Growth
- Troubleshoots red flags and client-related issues, and business threats
- Pitch and captures growth opportunities with existing Clients to enhance and increase business partnership
- Leads in implementing culture-building initiatives and models FGC values and desired behaviors
- Improve productivity and efficiency and foster a continuous improvement culture.
Employee Development and Retention
- Leads in developing a competent and motivated workforce leading to high performing culture and availability of ready-now talent and successors
- Coaches, mentors, and identifies training and developmental needs of personnel to build a well-informed, well-trained, empowered workforce, and stable organization
- Conducts regular staff meetings to update plans and initiatives
- Engages the workforce in establishing harmonious relationships and correctly and fairly implements Company Rules & Regulations, including discipline, work attendance, etc.
- Puts in place systems and processes to improve and sustain employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention, such as but not limited to providing feedback, motivation, recognition, and support to the team.
Training and Quality
- Leads in putting in place systems and processes for Operations (Pros, Team Leaders, Managers) onboarding and technical training programs to prepare and develop them for their respective roles
- Ensure that measurements of skills and knowledge in delivering their jobs are in place
- Puts in place behavioral training programs in coordination with HR
- Leads in the development of IT policies and standards
- Ensures availability of IT infrastructure, facilities, and efficient connectivity compliant with IT Security and company policies and regulations
- Puts in place periodic IT services performance matrix and analysis to provide the best value to the Company
- Leads the development and preparation of the Business Continuity Plan
- Provides direction in managing office facilities to have a safe and efficient workplace that supports business performance and optimizes staff productivity
- Ensures all sites are in optimized working conditions and compliant with all applicable audits and regulations
- Reviews and approves facilities project expansion plans, contracts, and contracts management for cost efficiency
Annual Operating Plan and General Management
- Prepares and monitors budget and ensures operational expenses are within the approved budget
- Evaluates and implement cost-saving opportunities while maintaining the quality of service
- Incorporates health, safety, security, and environmental compliance in the planning and implementation of programs and initiatives
- Acts as overall general manager for the administration of FGC sites in the Philippines, including representation with local communities and BPO-related associations
Education, Professional Experience, Certifications
- College graduate in any course. A Master's Degree is a plus but not mandatory.
- Must have at least 15 years of experience in business process outsourcing operations or related industry, 8 years in a leadership capacity.
- Expertise in managing multiple projects with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience working in a fast-paced BPO center setup
- Resourceful problem solvers must possess strong leadership skills and business acumen.
B. Leadership Competencies
- Empathy - Able to express positive feelings and affinity toward others. Understanding and appreciating the experiences of oneself and others. Ability to walk a mile in another person's shoes.
- Reliability - Able to give and keep own word for self and others. Dependable, able to act and interact consistently and effectively to produce and sustain results.
- Possibility - Ability to look at everything through the lens of possibility turning problems into opportunities. Open, receptive, resilient. Build strong relationships and create effective solutions, so people flourish.
- Growth - Committed to working towards constant improvement, bringing deep fulfillment. Striving towards realizing people's potential by findings ways to improve personally, professionally, and as a team
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Monday - Friday, Night Shift, 8PM to 5AM Philippine time (with 8 core working hours inclusive of 1-hour break)
Location: Bacolod, or preferably Davao
Expertise: Operations, General Management