Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment, Selection & On-boarding
• This role is responsible for managing the recruitment & selection process with department managers, from end to end. This includes- writing job advertisements, conducting interviews, reference checks, finalizing offers and developing and conducting onboarding training for new starters.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Advise management on remuneration for employees based on market data and research.
• Ensure employee benefits offered are consistent with best practice and encourage staff retention.
• Assist in liaising with HMO and Life insurance providers for staff enrolment/cancelation and related requests
• A thorough understanding of the Labour code of the Philippines and statutory
• rules and regulations are vital for this role.
• You will be responsible for local employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, to make sure they are legally compliant
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, talent management, and local employment law
HR Policy & Procedures
• Manage ongoing updates to Philippines Employee Policy Guide
• Monitor staff training and ensure staff follow HR policies and procedures
• Nurture a positive working environment in which career development is
• Support current and future business needs through programs that drive
• increased engagement and staff motivation
• Manage employee engagement and provide opportunities for employees to connect and collaborate
• Be an active member of the Leadership Team (other leaders based in Australia).
• Develop and implement people strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy. – Act as a consultant to line management, providing local HR guidance and cultural advice when appropriate.
• Provide leadership and direction to local employees on a day-to-day operational basis
• Be the primary driver and leader in all people-related activities and programs.
• Day to day people management
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of 4 teams, across 4 different business departments
Perform other duties as assigned
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the business
Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field – Human Resource Management, Business Management.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ proven experience in a human resources managerial role.
• Strong understanding of HR functions and best practices.
• Good knowledge of office administration, systems, and processes.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across different teams and cultures.
• Ability to handle complex or confidential matters requiring considerable discretion and judgment.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to manage multiple priorities with a can-do attitude, work cross- functionally, and meet deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of working in the Windows environment and Microsoft Office.
Skills & competencies
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face-to-face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organization: accomplish objectives effectively within the time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Some out-of-hours work may be required
- Expected to work within Australian working hours