This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for a friendly working environment, competitive benefits and a fulfilling role are only the few things that are up for grabs should you join their team.
Our client is a company providing medical insurance services to owners, seafarers and their families. It was established in 2007 with the sole purpose of developing truly global insurance solutions for international seafarers and their related families. They provide seafarers and their dependents with social benefits such as medical-, disability- and life insurance.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a CPA Accountant you will helps business make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting the company's finances. You responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform journal entry and month-end processes.
- Compute taxes owed and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment and tax requirements.
- Process/review payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Prepare balance sheet and expenses accounts.
- Monitor and review depreciation of assents.
- Review VAT Refund requirements.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation.
- Coordinate with External Auditors.
- Support the Senior Accountant in ensuring transactions are all recorded and with supporting documents.
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 2 years work experience in General Accounting.
- Must be knowledgeable in bank reconciliation.
- Has an independent and can-do attitude.
- Can work with less supervision
- Someone coming from an auditing/accounting firm specializing in Tax will be a plus.
- Competence in using EFPS (required) and other government-approved software (PHIC & SSS)
- Comprehensive experience in Philippine Taxation – VAT, Tax on Compensation, Expanded, Final, Annual ITR, EFPS, BIR Audit. Minimum of 3 years solid tax experience is required.
- Can reconcile Tax returns with GL balances.
- Detail-oriented, deadline conscious, and driven.
- Proficient with MS office.
- Good Verbal and written communication in English
Job type: Permanent
Emp type:Flexible time between 6AM to 6PM Manila (As long as it’s 9 hours a day inclusive of lunch break/ 40 hours a week)
Excess/ short hours can be offset on other days (6AM – 6PM only)
Expertise: CPA Accountant