This is a game-changing career opportunity for someone who is passionate about software development, looking to get exposed to complex projects and someone who thrives in a flat organization and highly collaborative environment.
Our client is a leading finance, accounting and human resources outsourcing company headquartered in the U.S., offering 99.97% accuracy and up to 68% savings to companies around the globe. They deliver customized solutions for transactional activities such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, plus general accounting and financial statement preparation to create a complete finance and accounting solution.
They are currently ramping up a local software development team and they are looking for a skillful, self-starter and experienced Senior Java Backend Developer to work on a revolutionary product in the FinTech space. Get heavily involved in the early stages of developing the next generation of a successful existing product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of a small but strong, carefully chosen team working on the company’s core applications.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure a given release does not compromise the integrity or quality of the product.
- Understand and enforce all parts of the development lifecycle; including design, development, documentation, and testing.
- Dig deep into technical details to troubleshoot, optimize, and design and implement innovative software solutions.
- Solve tough technical challenges in a startup like atmosphere with a highly collaborative team.
- Proactively eliminate roadblocks and successfully handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years relevant work experience OR 7+ years relevant work experience (including 3+ ears solid work experience in Java)
- Server-side expertise in modern Java on Linux
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL, ideally PostgreSQL. Ability to build instances and database objects including the creation of tables, indexes, views, and stored procedures. Ability to access, query, and manipulate databases programmatically using Java
- Strong understanding of and experience with various methods for IPC
- Experience with and understanding of parallel programming/concurrency
- Familiarity and experience with SCCS and best practices, preferably with Git
- Devotion to quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple design
- Proven experience working with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to business leaders and customers along with marketing, development, quality assurance, and documentation teams.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Strong verbal, written, communication in English, and time management skills
Advantageous skills or nice to haves:
- Familiarity with gRPC
- Ability to maintain, install, troubleshoot, and configure Linux (CentOS, Amazon Linux)
- Knowledge of the functional programming paradigm, especially as applied to Java
- Experience with Reactive Programming
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with accounting systems