This is an exciting time to join this company and be part in strengthening executive relationships through continuous collaboration in identifying opportunities in the achievement of common business goals.
Since its establishment in 1961, our client has led the payment industry in Japan by offering world-class card member service, as well as delivering the most convenient, efficient, and reliable payment products. Their business grows yearly to provide its customers the safest and easiest payment system possible.
With the aim of further expanding card acceptance, they decided to go international in 1981 and are increasing global presence. They are the first international payment brand based in Asia and is recognized as one of the major global payment brands around the world. They have developed relationships with a number of leading banks, financial institutions, and payment schemes globally.
As a major payment brand, they are globally connected to its 141 million card members, 36 million merchant partners, and issuers and acquiring partners in 19 countries and regions. Their thrust is currently focused on the Asia-Pacific region where economic growth is driving the shift to cashless payments. They will continue to flexibly support the special characteristics of each local market and the individual needs of each partner, providing high-quality services to its customers. They expect to further increase brand presence significantly through partnerships with more banks and financial institutions, locally and around the world.
Major Business Areas:
Our client provides payment solutions through bank partnerships, acquiring merchant partners through financial services and digital payments companies, high collaboration with its existing partner institutions.
Overall purpose and responsibilities of the role:
As a Business Development Officer, you will be responsible in identifying profitable business opportunities, secures business deals and lead business development associates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible in generating relevant leads using various methodologies (e.g., research, cold calling, networking, etc.)
- Open communication lines with decision makers from target partners and set meetings to discuss potential partnership.
- Assists the Business Development Manager in building presentation to be discussed with potential partners (e.g., unique selling points, features, benefits, terms, etc.)
- Creates system for tracking relevant leads throughout the lead lifecycle.
- Supports the Business Development Manager during client presentations, creating proposals, and liaising with POCs.
- Work towards building the own pipeline and transacting with possible partners autonomously.
- Act as an account manager and provide the necessary support to partners proactively.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in business development.
- Experience in the banking industry (particularly consumer products like credit cards).
- Ability to engage and negotiate with decision-makers in the banking industry.
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Onsite / Mon- Fri 8:50 AM – 5:00 PM