This is an amazing career opportunity for someone who dreams to work on exciting and innovative development projects in a vibrant, generous, friendly and highly collaborative company. This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth, and skills enhancement when it comes to being a Site Reliability Engineer.
Our client is a US-headquartered, multinational billion-dollar beauty and personal care company founded in 1984 whose slogan is “be a force for good” who for over two decades has passionately worked with non-profit organizations and has pursued the creation of products and resources that help millions of people around the world. The company has a commitment to provide quality and innovative products that feature only premium, wholesome ingredients. Their scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established the company as a premier anti – aging company.
They are one of the leaders in the market and they are looking to expand their international technology team here in the Philippines. They are currently assembling their pioneering team of IT Professionals and they are in search for a passionate, skillful and self-motivated Site Reliability Engineer who possesses exemplary Agile Scrum technical background and can deliver development projects on time and in a frugal manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production Support Tasks
- Single, specific functions within projects
- General understanding of some systems interactions
- Able to help developers with systems, infrastructure and operations concepts
- Automation and maintaining uptime for a specific team's product
- Attends necessary meetings to maintain relationships needed to maintain system reliability
Must-have Skills / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as Site Reliability Engineer/ DevOps
- Experience working in some of the following: Python (preferred), C, C++, Java, Go, Perl, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell or Shell scripting
- Experience in AWS and its services (preferred) or other cloud environments such as Azure or Google Cloud
- Understanding of Windows/Linux and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code
- Experience with infrastructure-as-a-service platforms
- Ability to learn the following:
- Continuous integration and deployment technologies
- Other toolset such as: Splunk, Gitlab, New Relic, etc.
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development language
- Loves to learn and is continuously looking at and experimenting with new technologies and methodologies
- Must have good communication and documentation skills
- Experience calling and running meetings that have value added goals and keeps those meetings on track to meet those goals
- Must have a working laptop or desktop and stable internet connection
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification or equivalent skills (any cloud provider– Azure, GCP, etc.)