This is the perfect career move for someone who is looking for career growth and opportunity to participate in the transformation and expansion of the company as they continuously grow in the market.
Our client is a UK-based company and a leading company building bespoke solutions for our client within the financial industry.. They support the world’s leading investment banks, investment managers, fintech and capital market service providers. With a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona, and Montreal, and has a proven track record of delivering powerful, elegant and intuitive trading technology.
Our client is currently establishing their local presence in the Philippines and seeking for a talented Senior Front-end Developer who is organised, methodical, motivated, detail-oriented, and can envisage building a long-term career within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the front-end functionality of our financial trading applications
- Identify and fix bugs and performance issues in the front-end codebase
- Develop and implement new features and enhancements to improve the user experience of the application
- Use the latest technology to create elegant and robust solutions
- Contribute to building and releasing quality software on time
- Use your knowledge to build great-looking, event-driven and highly interactive interfaces
- Participate in a test-driven, agile environment
- Collaborate with server-side developers, userexperience designers and business analysts to understand requirements and provide technical solutions
- Keep up to date with the developments in UI and software development technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results
Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- Solid client-side development experience, gained while building single-page web applications.
- Practical knowledge of web tooling such as Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Vite, ESlint
- Understanding of ES6 and newer ES specifications
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools, including knowing how to diagnose and fix performance issues
- Experience with software maintenance, bug fixing, and enhancements.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience working with a real-time GUI.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- Quick learner
Advantageous skills or nice-to-haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience developing Front Office financial systems
- Experience using messaging technologies
- Experience in delivering OMS/EMS/Exchange/real time trading systems
- Exposure to equities trading and brokerages
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or Azure, is a plus.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with TypeScript, Rx.js, Redux
- Experience with Event-driven APIs
- React Native